Changes from the February 2020 Release
Alcmena have implemented the following changes to the V3.5 nappies in their June release:
- No tummy elastics
- No trim on outside elastics – This release there will be no white/coloured trim around the elastics of the nappies. The print will instead go up to the edge just like their V1.5 nappies.
- Back elastics will be thicker & wider, like the elastics on the v1.5 nappies.
- Elastics in inner gussets will be shortened/tighter.
- Inserts will stay the same except the 5-layer bamboo insert will now be overlocked with blue stitching (around the edge) to differentiate between the 3-layer Nap insert.
- Velcro laundry tabs will be sturdier.
- Female snap crossovers will now be on the left wing.
- Extra waist snap moved from top to bottom row of waist snaps.
Why We Love The Snap & Wipe Nappies:
1. All-In-2 Nappy Design for Easy Assembly and Quicker Drying Times
- The nappy shell is waterproof on the outside as well as the inside, meaning you can simply snap out the soiled inserts, wipe down the nappy shell and re-use with a fresh insert.
- For poo-splosions and heavy soiling, Alcmena recommend a quick wash and dry before reusing.
- If you'd like an even easier clean, add a biodegradable bamboo liner between bum and nappy. Simply lift out and dispose for poos.
- Your waterproof nappy shell can also double as a swim nappy, which will save you money! The gussets on the nappy shell will contain any discharge.
2. Gussetted 5-Layer Hemp & Bamboo Inserts
- 5-layer Hemp Insert:
- 5-layers of hemp fibre (hemp absorbs up to 20% its own weight while still feeling dry to the touch!)
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell for wiggly bubs
- Gussetted (no more leaks!)
5-layer Bamboo Insert:
- 5x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell
- 3-layer Nap Insert:
- 3x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps in at the front, with a middle snap for customising absorbency (fold it in thirds or halves to place absorbency where bub needs it most)
3. FOUR Customisable Absorbency Options (as opposed to two)
- Alcmena new nappies allow you to customise your absorbency up to 4 different ways!
How to customise:
- For light wetters/day-use, simply snap the Hemp / Bamboo Insert into the nappy shell
- For nap times, add in the Nap Insert by snapping it onto the Hemp / Bamboo Insert
- For night time, snap in the Hemp Insert, and then snap in the Bamboo Insert on top
- For super heavy-wetters, snap in the Hemp Insert, then the Bamboo Insert, and then the Nap Insert on top of that.
4. Larger, Adjustable, One-Size Fit ~ 4-20kg
- Alcmena have made their nappies a little bigger so they're also suitable for toilet training!
5. Fat back elastics for the ultimate comfort!
6. Choice of Snaps or Velcro closure!
- Velcro: Easier to adjust the size (when bub is in-between snaps), and more similar to disposables so more user-friendly. Also great for fitting a night nappy on a non-compliant toddler.
- Snaps: Great for when bub learns to take off their Velcro nappies and slightly more durable (Velcro is prone to picking up fluff in the wash and looking worn)